4TH EDITION OF THIS STUDY, JULY 2012, DOWNLOADABLE AS PDF:
Size: 568 pages, 110 MB.
The downloading may take a while; maybe I'll have to split the file. The size is largely caused by the note examples, that are images.
© Kasper Sloots
Utrecht, The Netherlands.
- The I-depot, The Hague, The Netherlands.
- Koninklijke Bibliotheek (Royal Dutch Library), The Hague, The Netherlands.
Changes and corrections included in this site upon the 4th pdf version:
- The quintuplet from The black page #1 did not go literally like that into The black page (1987) in a slower version. The rhythm got changed too.
- Peaches en regalia: I miswrote myself in bar 6. Cm-5 en Cm should be F#m-5 and F#m.
- Little umbrellas: opening chord progression corrected.
- The perfect stranger (Boulez version): in the percussion-beats line the notation for half and whole note pauses got switched.
- Montana: some detail corrections.
- 200 years old: the scale is G Dorian instead of minor.
- Sad Jane: a couple of details were wrong.
- Ride my face to Chicago: I miswrote myself, I-IV should be I-V.
- Variant I processional march: identification of the example as E dorian should better be as D.